Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Witching Hour: Grim Reaper Saga

The Witching Hour: Grim Reaper Saga is getting ready to go live any day now. Though likely early next week some point. It's currently with the formatter, getting all snazzy and gussied up and I'm thrilled to finally see this one going out into the great big world.

Why?

Well, this was always the book that almost was. My agent at the time, was shopping the book around. We had a fair amount of interest from HQN and I had stars in my eyes. I could already see that book on shelves, an entire series made from it, and fans wanting to know when the next one would be coming out.

But life doesn't always go the way you've planned it. Real life derailed my writing and that book for 6 years. After a while I'd sort of resigned myself to the fact that it was as close to the big time as I'd ever get. Real life finally settled down and I could go back to writing, but I could never forget the amount of enthusiasm the project received from NY. Fast forward a couple years and Indie publishing is like the next big thing and I'm thinking... hmm, I wonder.

It still took a lot of cajoling by friends to get me to decide the book deserved a chance at a new life. My writing has vastly improved since then (most writers will say that they get stronger with each book), but this was six years later. So I've cleaned it up, but left the essence of the story in tact. Would I write this book today? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's a great story, and though there will be no sequels with this one (it's been too long and I can't remember any of the plot I'd had planned for it) this one is more than able to stand on its own two feet.

So, below is the blurb and the cover. I'll be releasing this book through Amazon's KDP Select program.


The Witching Hour: Grim Reaper Saga


Because sometimes death isn’t the end…


 

After not only being run over, but watching her husband die in the same hit and run, Eve Philips thought she would never love again. Years pass and her sisters worry that she’ll become an old crone like so many other witches. They’ve made it their personal mission to help her find her next true love. But Eve wants none of that, she throws herself into her potions shop--Witches Brew--determined work, and not a lover, will fix the void in her heart.

 

Until the day she sees him. Cian, gorgeous and mysterious, she’s frightened by the desires he brings out in her. A passion that rivals even the love she’d felt for her husband.

 
But Cian is not what he seems. He’s fae. More than that, he’s the grim reaper of legend and his mission means her death. She shouldn’t have seen him. His kind moves in stealth, but the moment her golden eyes meets his he knows his world will never be the same. He’ll defy his orders and his Queen to keep her. But will Eve want what he offers when she discovers the truth? That he was the one who harvested her husband’s soul...


No comments: